Sunday, May 17, 2009

In the land of Alzheimer

music: Conor Oberst & MVB - Synesthete Song

I've finally had the chance to see Matei Visniec's play, Mansarda la Paris cu vedere spre moarte, directed by Radu Afrim, and wow! It's a bittersweet comedy about Emil Cioran's loss of memory, but also about the ideas from his oeuvre (mainly suicide), his supposed sympathy for fascism, his relationship with Romania etc. I loved it! Ppl were laughing, the actors were amazing and Radu Afrim should direct movies too (I've been wanting to see a play directed by Afrim for a really long time and I'm so glad I wasn't disappointed).

Mansarda la Paris cu vedere spre moarte



Radu Afrim

Mansarde a Paris avec vue sur la morte, as it was seen in Luxembourg (it's quite different from what I've seen in Cluj):



*****

One of the reasons why I'll always prefer cinema to theater: the view. You simply cannot see everything that's going on on the stage. Even if you're in the first row (in which case you have to move your head from right to left and so on -- as if you were at a tennis match; it's ridiculous). But then again cinema will never be able to replace theater (I could smell the orange they peeled on stage :)

No comments: