Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I wish I worked at NPR Music

music: Leonard Cohen - Memories

I so envy the guys at NPR Music! They're already listening to the Monsters of Folk (Conor Oberst, Mike Mogis, M. Ward & Jim James). How do I know? Twitter, of course (you can follow All Songs Considered's Bob Boilen @allsongs). Since ppl were asking who the Monsters of Folk were, Bob Boilen also wrote a blog post where he copy/pasted the press release, so now I'm looking at the track list *yay*:

Monsters of Folk track list
1. Dear God (sincerely M.O.F.)
2. Say Please
3. Whole Lotta Losin'
4. Temazcal
5. The Right Place
6. Baby Boomer
7. Man Named Truth
8. Goodway
9. Ahead of the Curve
10. Slow Down Jo
11. Losin Yo Head
12. Magic Marker
13. Map Of The World
14. The Sandman, the Brakeman and Me
15. His Master's Voice

Also, I've just signed up on monstersoffolk.com for the newsletter. If you sign up, you receive a stencil you can download.

Later edit: I just realized that the 7th track, Man Named Truth, must be the one Conor and the Mystic Valley Band played live at 400 Bar in December 2007. I'm curious how the MOF version sounds like.

No comments: