Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My TIFF - Day 4

music: Bright Eyes - Gold Mine Gutted

Voy a explotar. Or la Nouvelle Vague a la mexicaine. I always try to catch a Latin American production at TIFF (last yr it was La rabia). And when I read somewhere that Voy a explotar can be compared to Godard's Pierrot le fou, I knew I had to see it. The movie has a few memorable scenes and some that are just... blah, which is such a shame.



Two surprises: Easy / Lucky / Free *yay* Twice! *double yay* This is the first time that I've heard Bright Eyes somewhere outside my room ;)) It felt pretty unbelievable to be in a movie theater and hear that song (I was all smiles). Plus: Diego Luna and Gael Garcia Bernal as producers.

I love finding intertextual elements in movies! [Maru walking along the road] "No se que hacer! No se que hacer! [...]"

No comments: