Friday, July 3, 2009

In love with Weronika and Veronique

music: Bright Eyes - Trees Get Wheeled Away

I absolutely fell in love with Kieslowski's La double vie de Veronique! (I watched it twice in less than 24 hours.) This might be a cliche / sound cheesy but the film is so beautiful that it hurts. Such attention for details, for gestures that create a lovely, magical atmosphere. And that haunting music...

(I'm sorry to say this, but I have the feeling Jeunet let himself a bit too inspired by La double vie de Veronique when he made Amelie.)



Later edit: I've finally uploaded photos of the DVD on flickr. I wish I had a copy of it just for that piece of film:

3 comments:

artupset said...

I'm in love with Kieslowski and besides Blue, which is a masterpiece and my favorite, La double vie de Veronique is beautiful. By the way, I'm in love with Preisner's music as well :)

plectrude said...

I have a really long list of films I want to see, but I'll def try to watch Trois couleurs as soon as possible. Oh, and have you seen Le Decalogue? I missed it when it was on tv, and when I borrowed the DVD I only had time for the 1st episode :(

artupset said...

I have seen every movie Kieslowski made ;) Decalogue is yet another masterpiece ... worth seeing!