Saturday, August 15, 2009

Horror night

music: Jay Brannan - Zombie

I don't know why, but I've always felt that Friday nights are the best for watching horror movies. Maybe it's because Romanian tv networks would often play horror movies on Friday nights when I was a kid (I was a Chucky fan when I was 10 hehe).

So, last night I started reading Stephen King's Misery (in the room where I was reading, the light bulb was acting all funny, which was kind of spooky), and after 50 pp, I decided it was time for a movie. A silent movie: Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari. Watching this was so refreshing -- no special effects, no Hollywood horror cliches.


(I should really pay more attention to (early & new) German cinema. I was watching KINO the other day, and they presented some German movies that seemed quite interesting.)

No comments: