Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MOF know how to tease

music: Monsters of Folk - Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)

Say Please "Teaser"


Dear God "Teaser"


(On MOF's Facebook page, there's also a teaser for Man Named Truth.)

I don't go on myspace as often as I used to, so I was totally unaware that Monsters of Folk had added two more songs on their page: Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.) and The Sandman, The Brakeman and Me. They're both wonderful, in particular The Sandman... -- it's folky, it's dreamy, it's perfect! The lyrics seem to be a variation on Bright Eyes' If the Brakeman Turns My Way (the beginning of this song makes my heart skip a beat each time I listen to it: "when panic grips your body and your heart's a humming bird..." this is so beautiful). Also, there's a piece about these new MOF songs on rollingstone.com.

No comments: