Sunday, November 8, 2009

(theater x 2) + kumm = update

music: The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Sun Ain't Shining No More

On Friday, it was Rhinocéros (Ionesco), mise en scene and performed by Jean-Marie Sirgue, and today it was Art (Yasmina Reza).

[click on the image to view large]


This post is rather pointless as I can't talk about theater. All I can say is "I liked it" or "I didn't like it". And I did like both plays.

To be honest, towards the end of Rhinocéros, I wasn't really there. Instead of focusing on the play, I had to focus on keeping my eyes open. This was the first time I went to the Hungarian Theater. I must say I was quite bothered by the fact that they sold tickets over capacity. Besides, the seats were so tiny; it's like they're saying "overweight ppl are not welcome". Seriously!

Art was really funny. I wanted to see this because it touches a subject I have to study this semester: modernism. Plus, I really want to read Bourdieu, and it seems to me that some of his ideas about art can be found in the play.

In other news:

On Friday, after having seen Rhinocéros, I went to Kumm's concert, even though I was dead tired. I was really disappointed by their performance. I think the release of their new album, Far From Telescopes, was much better in Bucharest (judging by this video). I first saw Kumm in 2007. It was more of an accident. I went to see this French group, GOMM, (you can read my idiotic comment about their concert here) and Kumm was the opening act. I really liked them back then. I don't know when they became so blah. Actually, I have the feeling that all these Romanian indie bands are overrated just because there is a need for indie music and they're all we've got.

No comments: