Saturday, January 23, 2010

Le Concert

music: Charlotte Gainsbourg - La Collectionneuse

I've finally seen Le Concert! Ever since its release in November I've been waiting for it to start playing somewhere else than at the multiplex from the freaking mall.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Le Concert is a huge Hollywood cliché. I hadn't read any reviews, but considering that it's been recommended by so many ppl and it is a Radu Mihăileanu movie, my expectations were pretty high. The movie is too chaotic, some situations are too exaggerated and forced. Now, it's true I don't totally hate the movie, but it's such a disappointment if you compare it to Train de la vie or Va, vis et deviens!

Also, I knew Maria Dinulescu had a part in Le Concert, but I had no idea it was such a small part. Her role in the movie wasn't more important than Anamaria Ferencz's (or Ferentz, who cares anyway?), which is totally insulting. to Maria Dinulescu, of course. (how has Mihăileanu even heard of that tabloid bimbo? seriously!). Vlad Ivanov is also wasted. However, Mélanie Laurent is wonderful! (she's also fucking beautiful).

Mélanie Laurent as Anne-Marie Jacquet




+ Andrei Gorzo's review for Dilema veche (1/2)
+ Andrei Gorzo's review for Dilema veche (2/2)
+ The Variety film review

+ Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto [wiki]
+ Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto performed by Sarah Chang (who's recently been who will be in Romania on Feb 14th) [part 1] [part 2]

+ Later edit: BHL about Le Concert [the last paragraph]

No comments: