Friday, March 19, 2010

Let the Runaways obsession begin

music: The Runaways - Cherry Bomb

It's gonna be a while till I can watch The Runaways, yet I'm already a bit obsessed with it *grin*. Despite the bad reviews it's gotten, I know I'll love it - it's one of those movies that gets me so high (as in "I'm gonna go out there and do sth awesome!"), and then so low (as in "Oh fuck. I'm a failure. I can't do anything" & so on).

If I understood well, the movie focuses on the price the girls payed for entering the sex, drugs & rock'n'roll world at such a young age. Now, I'm not sure I like that... Anyways, I want to read the book too after I see the movie, just for the sake of contrasting and comparing. Speaking of which:

The Runaways - Cherry Bomb


Dakota Fanning & Kristen Stewart - Cherry Bomb


Joan Jett - I Love Playing With Fire


Kristen Stewart - I Love Playing With Fire


+ Clips from The Runaways at youtube.com/user/RunawaysMovie
+ The Girls Who Kicked in Rock's Door at nytimes.com
+ The Runaways (2010) - movie review at nytimes.com
+ Not All Tomboys Are Created Equal - movie review at ifc.com

4 comments:

Aeon said...

I'm also looking forward to seeing this movie, tho I'm not sure about the casting choices.
I came across your blog while googling the term Hikikomori. I am watching an amime called Welcome to the NHK, which features the lead charactor who is a Hikikomori. Have you seen it? I think I may be a semi-Hikikomori myself, if there is such a thing. Where in Romania are you? I visited Iasi a few yrs ago..

plectrude said...

I'm very happy with the casting. I also have a bit of an obsession for Kristen Stewart :D Her performance in 'Speak' just blew my mind, especially considering how young she was when she did that movie. Plus, one my favorite movies ever is 'Into the Wild', and I really think she made her little part memorable (I rambled more about her here :D)

About Welcome to NHK: I have heard about it, but haven't seen a single episode so far. I watch too many tv series, which leaves me little time for animes f(^_^) I've also stumbled upon a j-drama about hikikomori, 'Cat Street'. I've only seen like two episodes, though.

I currently live in Cluj-Napoca, which alongside Iași, is one of our college towns. And you're from...?

Aeon said...

I haven't seen those other Kristen Stewart movies you mentioned, tho I do remember her in the movie with Jodie Foster, Panic Room. I guess I still can't disassociate her from those Twilight movies. Mostly I am unsure about Dakota Fanning as Cherie, but until I see the movie I can't say whether it was a good choice or not. I'm from Colorado.
I'll have to check out Cat Street, haven't heard of that one. Don't know if you use the Blip.fm site, but here's mine:
http://blip.fm/SevynofNine

plectrude said...

I use last.fm :D
http://www.last.fm/user/mariposa_azul