Monday, May 10, 2010

Need(y)

music: Bright Eyes - Hot Knives

It's been a long time since I last felt the need to listen to Bright Eyes. And I've kinda missed that...



When panic grips your body
And your heart's a hummingbird
Raven thoughts blacken your mind
'Til you're breathing in reverse
All your friends and sedatives mean well
But make it worse
Every reassurance just magnifies the doubt
Better find yourself a place to level out


(If the Brakeman Turns My Way, still my favorite from Cassadaga)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking through your blog. I wanted to comment on your previous entry.


"What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'll do all day. I'd just be the carcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I konw it's crazy"

It seems you feel very lonely sometimes. I used to feel like that all the time. But sometimes, a miracle happens and you find someone, a Catcher, that holds you and helps you to stand up even if you have already hit bottom. So don't lose hope, work hard, don't ever give up and, of course, be yourself.

plectrude said...

Thank you for the thoughtful comment :)