Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The People's Key

music: Bright Eyes - Easy/Lucky/Free

The piece of news that I've been both looking forward to and dreading: the new Bright Eyes album, The People's Key, will be out on February 15th 2011 (as you may know, Feb. 15 is Conor's bday), via Saddle Creek.

Why dreading? (um, okay, "dreading" is too strong. give me a synonym.) Well because this might be the last Bright Eyes record, therefore the tour to support the record might also be their last. And if this is actually true (so far, only the AV Club have mentioned the interview in which Conor said they would do one final BE album) I'll never see Conor with BE live, which makes me incredibly sad (no residues: no traveling. being poor sucks. but enough with the whining).

Obviously, I'm looking forward to listening to the album. I'm really curious about this one because it's been three years since Cassadaga, and especially because Jason Boesel (Rilo Kiley, Conor & MVB) calls it the "best sci-fi emo album of the last 20 years" hehe.

+ the tracklist is posted on Conor's official website
+ Bright Eyes releases details about new, possibly final album at the A.V. Club

*****

No comments: