Source: NPR / All Songs' Flickr Photostream
Ah, what an amazing two-hour set! I stayed up till like 4:45 a.m. and watched the live feed at npr.org/music. The audio should be available later on today, and
- The old songs they played last night are slightly reworked, which makes this npr recording a little treasure worth holding on to.
- I was under the impression Conor was trying to distance himself from the early BE records. So glad I was wrong! (Fevers and Mirrors is one of the albums that really got me into their music.) However, during this tour, the Americana/folk sound is what he's trying to distance himself from. Pretty much all the songs they played at SXSW have a... what he calls "a modern sound".
- It's so great to see him play Road To Joy with the same energy he played it years ago on tv. (well... with almost the same energy *wink*).
- Conor is such a sweetheart: he gave a shout-out to the Supermoon, he stood next to the sign language interpreter, and at the end he hugged as many people as he could.
- I thought the fireworks following the show were going to be tacky, but: how appropriate! - the fireworks started just as One for You, One for Me was ending, and you could hear the voice of Denny Brewer talking about the cosmos and stuff. What a wonderful juxtaposition that was!
*****Also at SXSW: Bright Eyes played an AOL Pop-Up Show, which is available for streaming at Spinner.com.