Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 20 (part two)

music: Sharon Van Etten - Don't Do It








Notes:
{1} I miss going to Arta
{2} random snapshot while waiting in front of Studio Euphorion
{3} Zenobia: the mandatory before-the-show picture. this is so blurry that the lamp got itself a twin. however, I kinda like how it came out.
{4-5} props: just a couple of shots I was able to take real' quick after the play was over
{6} yet another random snapshot
{7} going home. on a train full of Moldavian students.

*****

I only read Zenobia last summer, and about that same time I was rather surprised to realize that Gellu Naum had quite the cult following. Sure, Apolodor is irresistible and everybody loves it, but there are people who are huge Naum fans. And I can understand why. I'd be lying if I said I fully understood Zenobia, but I liked it. A lot. And ever since I heard about the play I was curious to see what they did with the book, because the book is not exactly play material. I don't know about others, but I was pleased with the dramatization. Except for the grotesque giant woman, I highly enjoyed the play. And that's all I have to say about it. 'cause I know nada about theater. Now, I could say that I love the costumes (I so want a red cape, or whatever that is), or that the actor playing the young Gellu Naum is really hot, and - with your permission -, so is the actress playing Zenobia. But the level of discussion (read: monologue / rant) is already low, so why would I lower it even more with such comments? Hm, I guess I have lowered it just now, haven't I? Well, that's me! Your highly insightful theater critic.

<< April 20 (part one)

No comments: