Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3

music: Zola Jesus - In Our Nature






I went out. On a day I didn't have to go out. Oh my gosh, I know! I didn't get too far from my place, but I did spend an entire hour outside, in the warmth of this October sun. And that is kind of a big deal for me. I keep telling myself that if I don't have a reason to go out I need to fabricate one. Like taking silly pictures of... myself, of... whatever. Today I've been so into this solitary game that I've even made the effort to put an outfit together, instead of just throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, like I usually do. Tomorrow... I don't know, we'll see if I'm still in the mood to play.

Notes

{1} We used to hang out here. (Whenever I pass by places like this one Arcade Fire's Wasted Hours pops into my head.)
{2} This pair of shoes had been sitting in my closet ever since I bought them, which was more than a year ago. They're probably out of fashion by now, but who cares? I still like them.
{3-4} Like I've said: silly pictures of myself. (The light was so good today that even with my toy-like camera and my lack of skill I still ended up with a bunch of pics that I don't absolutely hate.)
{5} No, I did not make it to the DV festival. Ufa. But this Dilemateca dossier on Gellu Naum made me feel a little better. Reading this made me realize that I wanna join the Gellu Naum cult. I am not exaggerating. It is a cult. People who like his oeuvre are really into it, like really into it. For now though, I can only take a few timid steps towards them - I still have a lot of reading to do, and most of all, I have a lot of deciphering to do. Meanwhile, I got my ticket to see Ada Milea's adaptation of Naum's Insula on the 9th. It's a really bad seat (this is one of the disadvantages of not being in Cluj - most of the times I get really bad theater tickets) but I do hope I'll be able to get another ticket, for the 29th.

*****

This morning's feelgoodsong was Sade's Cherish The Day:



Also: I enjoyed listening to my nerdy podcasts:
+ This American Life #309 - Cat and Mouse
+ WTF #215 - Jon Hamm

2 comments:

George said...

I like your shoes. And they are in trend.. I don't know if that's good though:)

plectrude said...

Thanks. (refraining myself from quoting a Bright Eyes song right now)

Well, in that case I'll keep them in my closet for another two or three years. Seriously though: I wouldn't want to wear sth that screams 1998 but ultimately, I really don't care about fashion trends. I've always hated those "in & out" lists. Or worse: "fashion trends that guys hate". Ugh.